Friday, February 6, 2009

Shivaji – The Real Boss

One day in the court of Chhatrapati Shivaji a messenger came in and said, “Your Majesty! We’ve a war booty as a present for you from one of our Marathi Commanders”
Shivaji said, “Show me that”
Four people carried a big box and placed it near the centre of the Court and one guy opened the box.
From the box came out a very beautiful young Muslim lady!!!
Shivaji stood up from his throne and came near the lady and said, “I’m completely mesmerized by your beauty!!”
The lady knows about the fate of women who are in the loosing side of the battle. But she does not know about Shivaji!!
Shivaji continued, “I see Mother Kali in you!! Please tell me who you are?”
The lady said, “I’m the daughter-in-law of the ex-ruler of Kalyan. Your army annexed Kalyan 2 days ago!”
Shivaji turned towards the messenger and thundered, “How dare you call a woman as a War Booty!!! And how dare you to say this in front of me!!!!”
The Messenger droop his head in shame.
Shivaji continued, “Tell your commander that I severely condemn his act!!!”
Shivaji then turned back to the lady and spoke softy,” I apologize for the inconvenience caused by my fellow men. Oh Mother!! Please tell me what I can do for you”
The Lady asked with tears in her eyes, “Can I please go back to my home?”
Shivaji said, “Of course!! My army will protect you in your journey to your home!”
Back home when ppl ask the lady about Shivaji, she always says, “Shivaji……he is the real boss!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment