Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Face

Almost two years ago, I accompanied my mother to a clinic.
We went inside the clinic and reserved our name with the nurse and sat in the reception area.
The Clinic was pretty crowded with patients, there were some 25 chairs and almost 20 were occupied.
After some 5 minutes of our arrival a young girl in her late teens came in and occupied one seat. She seemed to be an Anglo-Indian, she seemed to be kind of any normal girl in her age, but something was fishy!!! I dono what it was…..but I know something was wrong with this young girl!!!
She was having a bag in her right shoulder, she took the bag in her hand and opened it and scanned all the ppl in the reception area. There was a kind of naughtiness when she saw all the ppl.
There was a table near her chair, she took each items from her bag and placed it in the table. All the items were snacks!
Then in came her grandmother rushing towards the girl, grandma said, “No you should not take everything. You can take only one at the time”
“No Grandma!!”, the girl cried as a 3 year old!!!
Then I noticed her face once again and understood!!!!!
Her face was so different from other ppl’s face….she was mentally retarded!!!
I cannot imagine how charming she might look if she was a normal girl!!!!
I think this is what they call “Face is the index of mind”
Can you just look at yourself in a mirror right now?
Can you see how beautiful you are?
Just imagine how your face will look if you are mentally challenged!!
So it seems beautiful face is just a reflection of beautiful mind!!!
OK back to the event, this girl was speaking fluent English. Whenever the nurse called the name of a patient, she echoed the same name and then she would laugh out loud.
The Nurse called my mother’s name “Sita”
The girl echoed “Sita…. Go inside”
My mother and I started walking towards the Doctor’s room and we’ve to cross the girl. I always have a great amount of fear towards mentally challenged ppl. So I took the longest de-tour!!
My mother followed the correct path and she was about to cross the girl. The girl suddenly snatched my mother’s hand and said, “I’m the doctor”
The girl looked at my mother’s hand for some seconds and said, “You are ok. You can go”
We both went into the Doctor’s room…… my heart started beating normally only after coming out of the clinic.
I asked my mother, “Why you went close to her? What would’ve happened if she did something?”
She said, “Poor girl! Why should we apathy her!”
Looking back the incident now, it seems that my mother was able to connect to the girl and I was not able to!!!
That’s the reason the girl snatched my mother’s hand!! She was able to feel the connection!!!!!
It was really foolish on my part to fear mentally retarded ppl!!!
I cannot forget the face of the girl I saw in the clinic!!!
I personally think that she was a divine angel!! She came to the clinic just to bless my Mother (“You are ok. You can go”)
Oh girl!! I apologize for being apathetic towards you! I’m sorry I was not able to understand you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment