Monday, April 11, 2022

Ghost - Robert Harris Review

I have read Imperium and also Archangel from Robert Harris. 

Very rarely I read more than one book from the same author and now I also have read The Ghost

How many memoirs hit the street every month from many famous celebrities do you think they wrote their Memoir themselves. Most probably they got a ghostwriter to help. 

Ghost is a story of a Ghostwriter who is enlisted to do a memoir of a former British Prime Minister. 

The ex PM is in US and the ghostwriter travels to US and simultaneously allegation against ex-PM is getting increased. 

The Ghostwriter finds out what the previous collaborator of the memoir is up to and that opens a bag of worms.

A good novel to take you to the life of a Ghostwriters and also the life of a politician who now no longer has power. Also political thriller a forte of Robert Harris

Couple of things were cinematic and few things were just accidental like the car ride to meet one person. 

Now that I have read few novels of Robert Harris I know the pattern 

  1. The protagonist is not the Hero, he is an observer and is usually middle aged. 
  2. The protagonist rubs the villain in the wrong side unaware that he is a dangerous person 
Of the 3 novels I read Ghost seems to be my least favorite  :(



No comments:

Post a Comment