Monday, March 2, 2009

The Multiplication Factor

During one TV Interview the interviewer asked Music Director Ramesh Vinayagam, "I heard that you are a perfectionist. You will make sure that the singer has sung the song correctly."
Ramesh Vinayagam replied, "Its not about being perfectionist. Its about the fear of 'The multiplication factor'"
The interviewer asked, "What's that?"
The Music Director replied, "See.. I just sung a song during this interview. I know that in some places I dint sing correctly. This interview will be broad-casted and lets say 1000 ppl are watching it.. then the mistake done by me is seen by 1000 ppl. That is my mistake got multiplied"
The Interviewer nodded.
Ramesh Vinayagam continued, "What I'm trying to make sure is whether the singer has sung the song correctly without changing the raagam and thaalam. B'coz just imagine how much time it will be multiplied. Lets say we've a film song in which the singer has not sung according to the meter.. lets say they release 5000 CDs. Also they broadcast in the TVs and Radios 10 times a week and they will also run shows in theaters. Also there will be stage singers who will sing the song as it is.....The mistake will be multiplied a million fold. This is what I'm trying to avoid."

No comments:

Post a Comment