Sunday, April 4, 2010

I am a collector

I know it …I know it all these years of living that I’m a collector. .i love collecting. It started with bus tickets train tickets then I settled to stamp collecting during my school days. At that time I dint know about Indian commemorative stamps, so I used to go to book stores and buy only foreign stamps. I loved the colors and arts in stamps, I had no thematic collection(even now I dint have any thematic collection, I collect whatever I like). After some years the stamp collecting season got lost and so I left it.
Also I saw the proliferations of telecommunication, with emails, chat, web cam and very cheap calling rates there was a severe decline in snail mails. Couple of years ago I went for a Japan stamp exhibition in Chennai where I came across a Philately President in Chennai, who gave me some details of the Philatelic wing of Indian Post. Then I went to the Anna Salai Head Post Office and was the Commemorative stamps, they were all very beautiful and informative. I immediately subscribed for the mailing services. Also I fell in love with Miniature Sheets.
I believe this is a good investment of my time and money. Philately.. here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment